HAIC mobility scholarships – application period 10.-31.1.2020
To support the international mobility of computer science students at School of Science and especially studies in information security field, Helsinki-Aalto Center for Information Security (HAIC), offers an additional 500€ mobility scholarship on top of Aalto exchange scholarship for one semester exchange studies. The HAIC scholarship can be applied in student exchange application rounds in January 2020, September 2020 and November 2020. The number of scholarships available depends on the number of scholarships granted in the previous application periods.
Eligible target groups
- Double degree students in SECCLO-Master’s programme in Security and Cloud Computing
- SECCLO- self-funded master level students not benefitting Erasmus Mundus scholarship
- Outgoing exchange students from the following programmes, only with these named majors:
- Students in Master’s programme in Computer, Communication and Information Sciences
- major security and cloud computing/security and mobile computing
- Students in Bachelor programmes
- Science and Technology (major computer science)
- Aalto Bachelor programme in Science and Technology (major data science)
Criteria for Bachelor-level students:
- completed CS-C3130 Information Security course in transcript by the time of the application
- at least one information security course in the preliminary study plan for exchange
- the draft study plan for exchange studies is approved by professor Tuomas Aura or Janne Lindqvist
Destination: target countries and universities
- any university with which Aalto has an Erasmus or bilateral exchange agreement
- SECCLO consortium universities (KTH, NTNU, UT, DTU, Eurecom) are recommended
- free mover destinations are not eligible
General criteria and number of scholarships available
- the applicant fulfills School of Science policy for international exchanges and is eligible for HAIC scholarships if selected to exchange destination and if fulfills HAIC criteria for scholarship (target groups)
- HAIC do no select students to exchange destinations nor allocate Aalto scholarships but may grant this additional HAIC mobility scholarship for eligible students benefitting Aalto scholarship for exchange studies.
- SECCLO students: your exchange destination is your exit university on 2nd year.
- PLEASE NOTE: Students from other eligible programmes (than SECCLO) need to apply for the exchange place from the partner university of Aalto University during the Aalto exchange application periods. HAIC scholarship does not come with the exchange destination.
- number of available scholarships: 10 x 500€
- if more than 10 eligible applicants, the ranking of students according to “Academic index”
- This number of scholarships is available for the application period 10.-31.1.2020. Number of scholarships for the next application rounds will be updated after the January application round.
- SECCLO-students: please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for guidelines.
- Students from other eligible programmes than SECCLO: please complete normal application procedure for exchange studies to apply for the exchange destination. Please add a message: “I am applying for HAIC scholarship” for Remarks at the online application form. You can contact email@example.com if any questions.